Monday, August 3, 2009

New Candy Darling Documentary Coming Soon!


I'm really psyched about the upcoming documentary film, Beautiful Darling: The Life And Times Of Candy Darling, Andy Warhol Superstar.

Candy Darling was a true original who exuded glamour and star power. She was one of the more interesting personalities of the 1960s and 70s. I loved her in Paul Morrissey's Flesh (1968) and Women In Revolt (1971). I also own her fabulous book, My Face For The World To See: The Diaries, Letters, and Drawings of Candy Darling, Andy Warhol Superstar.

For further information, see:

5 comments:

  1. These sounds fab! She was soo beautiful, I'd love to read more about her too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow I adore Candy Darling, tell me are you an Edie Sedgwick fan too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to know Candy Darling wrote and published a book! This is good to know. I knew she was a pretty serious (in her mind) playwright. She was just one of a few who hung out at The Factory and seemed to have actual talent. May she rest her beautiful soul…in peace.

    ReplyDelete