Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jayne Mansfield For President (1964)


Jayne Mansfield's spoof on the 1964 Presidential Election. This one is a personal favorite from my collection. Best magazine idea ever?! I think so! Delightfully campy from front to back cover!

Jayne possessed a genius for PR. Did you know that she was the most publicized woman in the world for a period in the late 1950s?

Funny, yet true: Following the release of Jayne Mansfield For President, many people honestly thought that JM was serious running for office!

She'd get my vote any day! Glamour a-go-go hearts Jayne Mansfield!!!

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!! Really, why didn't we nominate Jayne for president? Imagine, the White House turned into the Pink Palace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, what a brilliant idea! I used these pix all throughout election year ... why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally imagine Jayne issuing an executive order to paint the White House pink!

    ReplyDelete